Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help! I am being picked on ....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Siren

Siren

Help!  I am being picked on .... Empty
PostSubject: Help! I am being picked on ....   Help!  I am being picked on .... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:12 am

{Hummingbird} wrote:
Dear player of --The_pillage_hero

I saw your post in the Kissing Booth
Quote :
With a flourish worthy of Errol Flynn and the style worthy of a chinese acrobat ...

You might want to think about editing this as Errol Flynn wasn't around in 1459

Thanks for the entertainment
Hummingbird

I got sent this, fumed and then sent this reply:

Quote :
I have thought about it and I won't be editing it. Thank you. When other people are forced to remove glaring anachronisms, then I may think a bit harder about it, until then I will stand firm. I may role play in 1459, but the readers of the story will understand the reference - call it artistic licence if you will. Also, please point out where it violates forum rules or are censors the good taste police too now?

I also hope that this isn't another case of picking on the players who choose to RP "bad guys", because it won't be the first time this has happened. Evil or Very Mad

TPH.

Last I heard, the moderators of RK are not the good taste police and have no right to ask something like this unless I am blatently breaking forum rules, which I am not. Just to be sure I have gone back and read the rules and nowhere does it say that all role play must be strictly 1459 lol, maybe Hummingbird needs to get a real life.
Back to top Go down
Mrs_Rider

PostSubject: Re: Help! I am being picked on ....   Help!  I am being picked on .... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:54 am

She must be busy then with notifying all the players in the Glen that use pictures of interiors and gardens that are not Renaissance period. Not to mention hairstyles and clothes.
Back to top Go down
Siren

Siren

PostSubject: Re: Help! I am being picked on ....   Help!  I am being picked on .... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:20 am

Well, this is a first, I actually got an apology Very Happy . Good to know that sometimes they can admit to being a bit overzealous.
Back to top Go down
Inanna
Admin
Inanna

PostSubject: Re: Help! I am being picked on ....   Help!  I am being picked on .... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:23 am

Glad you got an apology!! Mrs Flynn is right. There are a lot of players out there with worse historical inaccuracies! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://thepillagepeople.forumotion.com
Siren

Siren

PostSubject: Re: Help! I am being picked on ....   Help!  I am being picked on .... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:57 am

I wouldn't have minded if I had said "I'm Errol Flynn!" but I think that using a modern reference to describe something that modern readers would understand to create an image of what a medieval character is doing, should be fine lol. (<< trying reading all of that out loud without taking a breath Razz) I consider that to be more artistic licence than anything else, but maybe that is just me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! I am being picked on ....   Help!  I am being picked on .... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help! I am being picked on ....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: For our Welcome Guests :: Complaints Dept.-
Jump to: